Meghan Markle reveals she suffered a miscarriage: "I knew, holding Archie, that I would lose the second one"

Nobody knew about it, it wasn't even rumored. Absolutely nothing. And suddenly Meghan Markle, herself, on her own initiative, in a painful and very heartfelt guest signature for The New York Times, has revealed that last July she suffered a miscarriage.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry

 

I could feel the moisture on Harry's palm and I kissed his knuckles, wet with our tears, "she relates.
Although it took place in July, she has preferred to tell it now to reflect on today's society.

Nobody knew about it, it wasn't even rumored. Absolutely nothing. And suddenly Meghan Markle, herself, on her own initiative, in a painful and very heartfelt guest signature for The New York Times, has revealed that last July she suffered a miscarriage.


The Duchess of Sussex, who undoubtedly has not had an easy year between trials and criticism in the media, fills the article with moments that surely has cost her to write, such as the moment when she noticed in the middle of summer a "strong cramp" as she changed her son Archie's diaper, knowing right now that something bad had happened.

"It was a July morning that started as normal as any other: making breakfast. Feeding the dogs. Taking vitamins. Finding that lost sock. Picking up the rebellious pencil that rolled under the table. horse in the hair before taking my son out of his crib ... After changing his diaper, I felt a strong cramp. I sat on the floor with him still in my arms, humming a lullaby to keep us both calm; happy melody contrasted with my feeling that something was no longer right," begins his narration Markle.

The piece, which she has titled 'The Losses We Share,' then describes an image that stuck with Prince Harry's wife: "I knew, while hugging my first-born, that I was losing the second. "

Markle explains that hours later she was in a hospital with her hand in her husband's hands. "I could feel the moisture on his palm and I kissed his knuckles, wet with our tears. Looking at the cold, white walls, my eyes were glassy. I tried to imagine how we were going to heal," she says.

The Duchess remembers how a journalist asked her if she was okay and she couldn't help but thank him for the question: "almost no one asks me if I'm okay." "Sitting on the hospital bed, watching my husband's heart break as he tried to hold up the broken pieces of mine, I realized that the only way to begin the healing is to first ask, 'Are you okay?' .

The rest of the article, however, completely changes its tone, going from something intimate and personal to a greater good: Markle remembers how this 2020 has affected us all in one way or another "loss and pain" because of the coronavirus by putting anonymous examples.

Just the opposite of the next paragraph, where she talks about America's racial problems, mentioning the names of Breonna Taylor (who was sleeping in her bed when the police came in unannounced and shot her to death) or George Floyd, whose The murder exposed police violence and sparked protests by the Black Lives Matter movement.

"Peaceful demonstrations turn violent. Health quickly turns disease. In places where there was once a community, now there is division," explains Markle, who reflects on the polarization of society and how it could have happened at a time like this, to then focus the issue on communication.

"Losing a child means enduring almost unspeakable pain, experienced by many but few speak of. During mourning our loss, my husband and I discovered that in a room of 100 women, 10 to 20 would have suffered an abortion. However, despite the amazing similarity of this pain among all, this conversation remains taboo, full of shame (unjustified) and perpetuating the cycle of grief in solitude," Markle reasons to explain why she wrote an article about this tragic event.

The Duchess asks her readers to open up and ask if her people are "okay." "We are adjusting to a new normal in which faces are hidden by masks, but this forces us to look into each other's eyes, sometimes filled with warmth and other times with tears. For the first time in a long time, as human beings, We are really seeing each other," Markle points out, before concluding: "Are we okay? We will be."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A glimpse of the Straw Hat Pirates in the new trailer of Netflix's ONE PIECE Live-Action Series

'I LOVE YOU SO' (AUTUMN CONCERTO) TAGALOG DUBBED - ABS-CBN

Pacquiao vs Buakaw: Match between two legends expected to be a clash of titans